Saturday, November 1, 2008

Week in Summary - Happy November!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I will put a few baby costume pics up soon, I haven't downloaded last night's pics yet. I have to tell you that my baby is almost crawling! Many of you have seen this already but here is a link to a video of her trying to crawl:
Almost!!

Now down to business:

This week got really busy - so much so that I didn't get a chance to make the BBQ pork tenderloin that I had planned, I just pulled a Shepherd's Pie from the freezer, defrosted overnight and cooked. This was SUPER convenient, I highly recommend to anyone to make 2 of whatever casserole-type meals you're making and freeze one.

Review from last week's recipes:

CrockPot Coq au Vin - Good - but use a lighter wine next time: ***
CrockPot White Chicken Chili - Excellent, I really loved this but the husband said it was kinda bland? Just add some hot sauce, turkey! ****
Ground Turkey/TVP chimichangas - We loved these! ****
Ground Turkey/TVP meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn - always a winner, especially with the homemade mashies! ****
BBQ pork tenderloin in the crock pot on sandwiches - Subbed the Shepherd's Pie for this, which thawed and tasted great. ****

This week's plan:

Pastitio
Olive Garden Pasta e Fagioli Soup (crock pot, Top Secret Recipe)
Trader Joe's chicken burgers with chickpea broccoli casserole
Pork carnitas burritos
Tortellini Soup with grilled cheese sammies

As always, I will post recipes as I make them.

No comments: