Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday, Planning Day.

This week I need to get back to basics. Measuring my portions, making more one-dish cook ahead meals, etc. To that end, I'm re-making a few things, so I'm sorry if it feels a bit redundant!

Saturday: Ham, potatoes, egg skillet. Breakfast for dinner - easy, cheap and yummy - see below.

Sunday: White chicken chili with chicken thighs. It's easiest to have a crockpot meal on prep day.

Monday: Greek Goulash
: This is a Food Network recipe that Kate raves about, I love the idea of it because it has different vegetables like eggplant, olives and spinach.

Tuesday: Bubble Up Pizza Casserole: This kept really well in the fridge and I plan to make two and freeze one.

Wednesday: Southwest Baked Beans: I have all of these leftover pinto beans from last week because I messed up the rice and beans. What better use? I will try to freeze some and report back. This is recipe zaar recipe #335553. Will serve with frozen Trader Joe's chicken burgers.

Thursday: Turkey Meatloaf with Reduced Fat Mac and Cheese: an old standby comfort food, mac n cheese taken from Jaime's Kitchen.


Smokey Ham, Potato and Egg Skillet
I made this up.
Serves 2
*****We loved this! Easy to make, high in smokey spicy flavor!

4 medium potatoes, cut into small chunks and steamed in the microwave for about 6 minutes or until tender
1/2 of a lean Ham steak - I used Kirkland Brand (Costco) and it was about 4 oz
3 large eggs, 2 egg whites
Black pepper, aleppo pepper, smoked paprika to taste - about 1/2 tsp each.

Cube the ham very small and fry up in about a tsp of EVOO until browned and fragrant. Add the potatoes and cook until browned. Add the various peppers.

Whisk to scramble the eggs and add to the mix, turning over a few times until the eggs are cooked.

Serve! Low fat, low cal, high protein, high flavor!

No comments: