Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Productive Wednesday!


Today I've been efficient at lab AND I remembered to put the white chicken chili on the crockpot and turn it on. Ha ha. Jenelle, I will let you know how it is! How excited was I to get a comment on my lame-O blog? :)

Instead of the chili, we had Turkey/TVP meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner. Recipes below.

Ground Turkey Meatloaf
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine
Serves 4-8 depending on how much meat you use
*****we love meatloaf. Especially with our sriracha glaze. Yum!

1 1/2 pounds ground beef, extra lean (raw) [I use 1/2 ground turkey, 1/2 TVP]
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
2 large egg whites

Combine all of the above in a bowl and shape into loaf shape. Eew. Place in either a loaf pan, foil packet, or crock pot (cook on low 8 hrs if you use this method). Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then glaze the top with a 50/50 mix of sriracha and BBQ sauce and allow to absorb and broil another 10 minutes.

No comments: