Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY!


I will go down in history as an election day scrooge. I am sick of all of the coverage, and I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHO WON! I want it to be over so I can either move to Canada (that was a joke, Jenelle! xoxo) or be excited for CHANGE.

Last night we had Tortellini Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. YUM. I lurrrve this tortellini soup recipe and it's so easy and quick. I highly recommend the Trader Joe's ingredients we used, they definitely added something!

Tortellini Soup

Serves 4-6 dep. on serving size
*****this is quick, easy, flavorful and not too bad for you. Love it! I've revised the recipe from what I've made before with my additions/changes.

2 c. vegetable broth
1 bag Trader Joe's dried tortellini, cooked acc. to package instructions
1/2 of 8oz. tub cream cheese with chive and onion (I used TJ's and it had chunks of onion and chive, YUM)
1 carton TJ's low sodium organic cream of tomato soup (I think these are like 20 oz?)

In a medium saucepan, whisk the cream cheese and tomato soup together. Add the broth. Bring to a simmer for about 10 minutes, then add the tortellini. Voila!

No comments: