Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday - prep day again. .

It's Sunday so you all know what I did today. Grocery shopping and cooking! (and cleaning and playing with my baby, etc, etc)

Today I made the White Chicken Chili (still cooking because the beans take forever to cook when you use dry beans), Southwestern Pinto Beans, Deep Dish Pizza Casserole (see below, this is just a variation on Bubble Up Pizza Casserole which I had planned) and RF Macaroni and Cheese.

I realized I have plans tomorrow night for dinner so I didn't need one of the recipes. The Greek Goulash got the ax, but I still have all of the ingredients so maybe I will make it later in the week for Friday or Saturday.

I'm exhausted.


Deep Dish Pizza Casserole
This recipe is supposed to be made in a 9x13 pan and cut into 6 servings (7 WW pts each). I bought a pizza crust that had "10% more for free" so it was larger than I needed. I decided to make it into two meals. I used two 8x8 pans and froze one, and cut the one we ate tonight into 4 pieces, leaving some for lunch.
**** This was good - the husband gave mad props. ha ha.

For both meals:
3/4lb ground turkey
3/4lb TVP (search this blog for TVP for more info)
2 packages button mushrooms, sliced
32 slices pepperoni (I used regular because I couldn't find turkey), sliced
16oz Classico tomato sauce;
1 (10 oz) can refrigerated pizza crust dough - mine was "10% more free" so a bit larger
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese;
Cooking Spray
3 cloves garlic
1/2 medium onion, diced
1 tsp basil
1 tsp italian seasoning

1. Preheat over to 425.
2. Cook meat with onion, mushrooms, garlic, spices in nonstick skillet on med-high heat until browned. Stir until crumbled. Drain, return to skillet, add tomato sauce & cook until heated.
3. While meat cooks, coat a 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. unroll pizza dough into it & press halfway up sides. Top bottom of crust with meat mixture. [Since I used two pans, I just cut the crust in half]
4. Stir in the TVP and pepperoni.
5. Bake uncovered at 425 for 12-15 min. Cool 5 min. before serving.

1 comment:

Jenelle said...

I am making this tonight! Good idea about freezing it - I am going to try that. It makes way too much for just me.