Monday, August 10, 2009

Grilled haddock, green beans and potatoes


That's what I'm having for dinner tonight. There's not much OAWC to this meal.

I like my fish a little spicy so I will rinse off the fillet, sprinkle with some cajun seasoning and put skin-down on a piece of aluminum foil. Grill until no longer translucent.

I purchased some thin (haricot vert variety) string beans from the Bidwell Farmer's Market this weekend and I will be preparing them as follows: snip off the ends and boil for 3-4 minutes in a salted pot of water at a rolling boil. Strain and transfer to a sautee pan with a minced clove of garlic and about 3 tsp olive oil. Generously salt and pepper. Sautee for another 4-5 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant and the beans are coated.

Also on the same Farmer's Market trip, I purchased some tiny potatoes. I will boil them and serve with light sour cream and pepper.

Simple, healthy, delicious!!



Here's my meal plan for this week so you can plan which days to read!
Monday: Grilled haddock, green beans and potatoes
Tuesday: Morroccan vegetable soup
Wednesday: at my mom's, sorry no recipes!
Thursday: chicken curry on brown rice
Friday: Willard bean soup

No comments: