Sunday, January 11, 2009

The week in review, Next week's plan

The baby and I came down with a virus so I was not great at keeping up with my blog. However, I stuck to my plan and ordered in chinese food for Friday. Here are my reviews of what we ate:

Sunday: Homemade turkey/soy meatballs and whole wheat spaghetti with spinach side salads ***** Easy to make, good to eat. I froze a bunch of meatballs for future meals.
Monday: Hard Times Cafe vegetarian chili. ***** This is so tasty but I totally got heartburn from eating it for dinner AND lunch the next day. :(
Tuesday: Chili lime chicken burgers (Trader Joe's) and leftover macaroni and cheese from the freezer with a side of broccoli. An old standby so I didn't have to cook that night.
Wednesday: Vegetarian chorizo Jambalaya (cheating and using a Zattarain's mix for this but I will post my Jambalaya recipe in case anyone wants to make it themselves) *** VERY good but only gets 3 stars because I subsequently found out that the chorizo has a LOT of sodium in it. Very disappointing.
Thursday: Chicken stir fry over brown rice. A classic.
Friday: takeout night

This week's plan:

Sunday: leftover vegetarian chili with tortilla chips, sour cream and cheddar
Monday: baked ziti with italian turkey sausage, spinach salad
Tuesday: Willard Family Secret Recipe Bean Soup (don't worry, I will share the recipe)
Wednesday: chicken wild rice casserole
Thursday: Crockpot ranch chicken and potatoes
Friday: Takeout

Grocery List:
Ziti, 2lbs
1 package of italian turkey sausage
1 large bag shredded mozzarella or 1 block of part-skim mozz
parmesan cheese
2 sweet onion
carrots
celery
Uncle Ben's slow cooking chicken wild rice flavor, 2 boxes
2 cans sliced water chestnuts
2 cans cream of mushroom soup, low sodium
1 can cream of chicken soup, low sodium
1 bag potatoes
1 box of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packets (for making dressing)
1 block neufchatel cheese

Things you may need that are already in my pantry:
chicken
parmesan cheese
1 bag northern beans
1 ham bone or ham steak
vegetable stock
garlic
italian seasoning
tomato sauce

No comments: